Welcome to Rat Camp

Howdy Y'all!

I hope this can be a place for us all to share our ramblings. The curse of 'Giddiyup!' (and the modern lifestyle) has placed us all far from the old ranch house (aka. Rat Camp), but if you're like me your heart still resides there.
Com'on y'all, show us what you're made of!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Hello To All

Thought I'd check in just to prove I could do it.

First, Elton, thank you for setting up the family blog. Looks like it took much work, but how's an old fart to know? Nonetheless, thanks. Could be a real kick if folks give it a try.

Joyce and I just finished a road trip from central Oregon to LA. Our oldest, David, just celebrated his 30th. LA, while more crowded than ever, still has some magic -- particularly in the beach communities. Joyce and I haven't lost our craving for Tommy's burgers either.
On the way down we visited Crater Lake for the first time. It's dramatic and worthwhile. The main lodge serves an incredible breakfast with an even more incredible view. The snow banks were still 8'to 12'. We had good snowpack in the Cascades this year.

Our two oldest sons, Dave and Jeff, live in LA (Santa Monica and Redondo Beach). Both work in Internet companies. Brad, our youngest, has been in Baghdad since December, but is due to return soon. Can't wait to hear the stories.

Joyce and I have been settled on the Oregon Coast for almost 5 years now. We love it. We have a room with a view. Come visit.

Craig (Grant)

3 comments:

Elton Ersch said...

Nice fart, that Craig!

Thanks!

Jed said...

3 years in LA was all I could stand. I needed to be somewhere where I could throw a stone and not hit anyone.

My wife's step-mom (and late father) are in Astoria. Next time we hit the dirt in those parts we may crash your room with a view.

Jed Hayes

Jed said...

... being an English teacher - I couldn't let that stand. Let me rephrase...

My wife's step-mom lives in Astoria. Her father recently passed, but loved the Oregon Coast.

Another note - we were there for the big storm in December. Pretty scary for a desert rat such as me.