Welcome to Rat Camp

Howdy Y'all!

I hope this can be a place for us all to share our ramblings. The curse of 'Giddiyup!' (and the modern lifestyle) has placed us all far from the old ranch house (aka. Rat Camp), but if you're like me your heart still resides there.
Com'on y'all, show us what you're made of!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Louis' Rocks for AC!

Back in September we spent a night on the highest point on Mt. Fuji that you can drive to. We were surprised to see many groups of amateur starwatchers there from all over Japan. As a group, I have to say these were probably the friendliest Japanese I've met in my 14 years here. All of the small groups would invite us to view from their very expensive looking telescopes at the nebulae, stars, planets (Jupiter with 3 mooons), etc. that were overhead in the clear night sky.
Louis had put a bag on to collect rocks in to show Auntie Carol the next time we did video chat. We got this shot of him after dark with a headlamp on. When you watch the video, please remember--this bag is his bag of ROCKS, not his bag of MARBLES!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thank you, Louis,video made my day!
Love, AC