Welcome to Rat Camp

Howdy Y'all!

I hope this can be a place for us all to share our ramblings. The curse of 'Giddiyup!' (and the modern lifestyle) has placed us all far from the old ranch house (aka. Rat Camp), but if you're like me your heart still resides there.
Com'on y'all, show us what you're made of!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Good morning again!

Since no one has posted anything since my last "good morning" I'll try again. With this being the day after our election, I can't let it pass by without a comment. However you voted is your business. That is a right and privilege that has been fought for since the beginning of our country. Over those 200 plus years the past occupants have made this into the greatest and most envied country in the world. Therefore, we have many enemies that would like to tear us down. In my day we all studied history and we know what sacrifices have been made to get us where we are today. I'm sorry to say that it seems like many of the younger generations do not even know about World War II and the battles that were fought to keep our freedom. Many think the Holocaust never happened! Well, it did and thousands upon thousands of people were killed because they were of a different religion or upbringing. Hitler was a terrible enemy as was the Emperor of Japan. They both had to be defeated and it was Americans who gave their all to clear the world of such dangers.

Many countries in this world have had leaders who have tried to be the one and only Saviour of the people. None of them have succeeded! Why? Because there is only one true Saviour and that is God! Our country was based on the Christian religion and we succeeded and became the Number One country of the world. Sure, there were mistakes made and errors happened. That is bound to happen because humans aren't perfect and make mistakes.

Now comes change! Just what does this word mean? I've heard no good explanation as to what to expect in the future. Just "change." Some changes, I'm sure, will be good. Most things can always be changed in some way. That, to me, is what we have to watch for and not let changes be made that will affect the true purpose of our country. We are the home of the free, the brave, the independent people who want to make our own way and our own choices. Don't let someone else tell me what I have to do with my money, what doctor I can go to, whether or not I can keep my baby if something is wrong with it, and don't tell me that same sex marriages are ok. God did not make man for man in the Garden of Eden - he made a woman for man!

We have slipped so far from our religious beginnings that it is possible that God can say we are destroying our own lives and our own country. We should not have an Idol
for President. Obama is just another man and not even a true "black." He is more white than black, so to me he is not even true to his own race, white or black. He is not an African American and He is not God! When he cannot even be honest about his true self and has lied to the people, what can we expect from him as President? I just pray to God that He will reach Obama and help him with his decisions.

Right now, I am afraid for the kids of today as to what kind of America they will be living in when they grow up. It will definitely not be the kind where most of you all grew up and enjoyed all the pleasures of life in the United States.

As I've always said, if one doesn't like things here, they are free to go to any other country in the world and live. I'm sure there are many people in other countries who would trade places with you in a second.

Well, I've gone on long enough, but these are my thoughts and I thank God I can express them without fear of someone knocking on my door and telling me I can't do this! This is still a free country, given to us by those who have gone before and many have lost their lives, but freedom is not free! Just remember that in the months and years ahead.

Love to all, Auntie Carol

1 comment:

Elton Ersch said...

A fine piece of writing, AC; thanks! You wrote: 'Right now, I am afraid for the kids of today as to what kind of America they will be living in when they grow up. It will definitely not be the kind where most of you all grew up and enjoyed all the pleasures of life in the United States.'
There is no doubt that the America of today is different than even the one I grew up in. And if we look at history, heck, America was founded as a Republic; the American passion for Democracy itself is a relatively new trend.
I've been afraid of the changes in America since I was a schoolkid. Recent polls I've heard mentioned tell that in the last 30 years, the income of the richest 1% of Americans grew 300%; for most, there was no growth at all.

Here is the address [http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/11072008/profile2.html]
to a Bill Moyer's interview with a couple of Columbia University that give some scholarly insight to some to the things you write about. Paste it into your browsers and have a look at the video or transcripts. I don't necessarily agree with everything they have to say, but their views certainly help to fuel some healthy debate.

elton