Welcome to Rat Camp

Howdy Y'all!

I hope this can be a place for us all to share our ramblings. The curse of 'Giddiyup!' (and the modern lifestyle) has placed us all far from the old ranch house (aka. Rat Camp), but if you're like me your heart still resides there.
Com'on y'all, show us what you're made of!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

THE TUCSON BEAUTIFICATION COMMITTEE

















Greetings from temperate (yeah, right) Tucson. Here's my update:

I live here in Tucson with my wife Tracey and our dog Gracie. I am very fond of both of them and I hope they echo such sentiments.

I'll go way back for those of you who may not know of my past few years. I got my MFA in Playwriting from UCLA's School of Theater, Film and Television (Francis Ford Coppola's alma mater) in 2004. I write as much as I can - but there are not, as it turns out, too many job options for us playwrights. Following our move to Tucson in 2005, I taught high school Drama and English for one year before going back to school. In 2007, I received my Master's degree in Education (with distinction, I might add) from Northern Arizona University's Tucson Campus and have been teaching Middle School Drama, English and Humanities. I also tutor several students from various grades (K-12) in Reading and Writing.

I am currently working on 3 new plays at one time - some times the Muses really smash me down. My future goals (aside from finishing these) are to start a youth theater, and a community educational outreach program. Hopefully I can accomplish these things in the next couple of years.

My wife Tracey just completed her Master's in Education in Counseling (also with distinction) also from NAU. She works for NAU in student services, and plans to continue on for a multi-disciplinary PhD in physiology and psychology (among other things).

Our wonderful dog Gracie spend many laborious hours perfecting her snoring techniques and generally loving us unabashedly. She enjoys walks, stealing our recliners, waking us up early, and being a very spoiled only-child.

I'm not sure really what else to add. One can never tell exactly what the future holds. Perhaps we will chuck it all and move to French Polynesia. If so, you're all welcome at our Tahitian hut.

Good wishes,
Jed, Tracey and Gracie Hayes

2 comments:

Elton Ersch said...

Perhaps we'll chuck it all and move to French Polynesia.... love it.
My mom for years had a refrigerator magnet that said, 'When this is all over, I'm going to Mexico.'
I wonder if this is a learned behavior?

Cactushaze said...

I remember when Angie took a painting trip to Mexico in 2000. She seemed to have a blast. My magnet would probably say...I'm going to the Caribbean...don't care where